Go Down

Topic: Power an Arduino Esplora (Read 134 times) previous topic - next topic

nicolopadovandev

Hello.
Searching on the internet I only found very complicated ways to power the Arduino Esplora.
Which is the best way to do it?
I have a 9v battery and a 4xAA battery case that I can use, but please also suggest alternatives.
Thank you!
I'm just trying to send a rocket controlled by arduino to the space and back. Hi Elon Musk.

Afflospark

Find the schematic diagram of Esplora  in the Attached file.
There is no voltage regulator for external power source so you would need to buy a external 5V regulator and then connect the output of the regulator to +5V and Ground on the Esplora.

nicolopadovandev

What do you mean with "External 5v regulator"
I'm just trying to send a rocket controlled by arduino to the space and back. Hi Elon Musk.

nicolopadovandev

Can I use the normal cable that I use to connect it to the computer but instead of the computer use a power bank? (like the one for the phone)

xl97

That depends on the 'power bank'...

What is being said here.. is that you need to provide a STABLE 5v source for the Esplora...  because (unlike) other Arduinos.. there is no voltage regulator.

The Esplora cant NOT take anything above 5v.. as it has no way to regulate it down a usable voltage that it requires.

If your 'power bank'  (which you have no provided a link to) outputs a +5v source... then you can use the same cable.

nicolopadovandev

Oh okay thanks.. Is it possible to buy a 5v regulator?

Go Up