Go Down

Topic: How to change IDE font in Windows? (Read 573 times) previous topic - next topic

tastewar

May 12, 2011, 06:13 am Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:15 am by tastewar Reason: 1
Well, I think I know how to change the font -- I edit the preferences.txt file, specifically the editor.font item. However, when I set it to what I want (Consolas 10 pt), it looks much smaller than that font in other apps. I had to set editor.antialias to true for it to look semi-reasonable, but the size is just wrong.

Can anyone help?

BTW, I *had* to change the font as in the default one, the lower-case L and the numeral one look exactly the same. Who would pick such a font for a programming editor?!

mowcius

BTW, I *had* to change the font as in the default one, the lower-case L and the numeral one look exactly the same. Who would pick such a font for a programming editor?!

They do in the default size yes. I think this is one of the reasons people don't have variables with names like var1 and var2, normally going for var and then var2

I agree that the font setup is awful - I wanted to make my text slightly smaller but there was no chance as it looked so bad.

tastewar

I had a local that was a lower case L, but then I saw it passed in to a function and thought I had passed a one. But aside from the poor default choice, the mechanism provided to change it doesn't seem to work right, AFAICT.

artk13

If anyone is still looking for a way to change the font/colors in the message
area of the IDE - here's how - in Windows7, at least.

Edit the file Theme.txt found here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Tech\Arduino\arduino-0022\lib\theme

I changed the colors and text size by making these changes:

Original:

# GUI - CONSOLE
console.font = Monospaced,plain,11
console.font.macosx = Monaco,plain,10
console.color = #000000
console.output.color = #cccccc
console.error.color = #ff3000

-----

New:

# GUI - CONSOLE
console.font = Monospaced,plain,18
console.font.macosx = Monaco,plain,10
console.color = #ffffff
console.output.color = #cccccc
console.error.color = #000000

Of course you should save the original file under a name like theme.original.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy