Go Down

Topic: New Icon? (Read 8107 times) previous topic - next topic

Eight

Sep 10, 2010, 12:26 pm Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 12:26 pm by Eight Reason: 1
32-bit is bound to happen sooner or later... I'm hoping it's now. I'd also like a Von Neumann architecture... that'd be an early christmas present for me.

In general, I'm really struggling to see what they could add to a Duemilanove to create a 2010 release. I mean, when you look at what it's supposed to do, it's damn near perfect.

CowJam

More RAM would be nice, but then programming to the constraints of the board is part of the fun.

mowcius

Which brings up another question - how many people on these forums go to the front page of the site? I know I rarely do; one would think the "A-Team" would at least announce site changes (and I don't know - things like the release of a new version of the Arduino IDE, as so recently happened) in the News section of this forum.

But they don't. What's the point of even having a News section, then?

I never visit the front page, and I don't get the point of the news section either. I mean, we can't post new threads there now (presumably cos it was just used as a place advertise arduino related products) and it never gets used for anything (like arduino IDE updates)

but then programming to the constraints of the board is part of the fun.

Sometimes  ;)

Mowcius

mowcius

Maybe they'll eventually release the arduino with on-board ethernet too... Massimo had some pics 45 months ago of one but it never made it into mass manufacture. Hell I'd be buying one.

Mowcius

admin

I give up...

we're going to launch an Arduino that removes silly comments from the forum :)

m

mowcius

Sep 10, 2010, 01:51 pm Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 01:52 pm by mowcius Reason: 1
I give up...

we're going to launch an Arduino that removes silly comments from the forum

Haha, there'd be no forum then  ;D

[edit]You got a script that alerts you whenever someone says "massimo" or were you just hiding, secretly reading this thread?[/edit]

CowJam

Arduino with ethernet would be cool.  Most of the stuff I do needs ethernet and the shields aren't cheap.

Silly comment removal? Uh oh.

admin

I was alerted by a human agent... :)

gonzogeek

+1 turquoise ... oh ok "sea green" at a push

mowcius

Arduino with ethernet would be cool.  Most of the stuff I do needs ethernet and the shields aren't cheap.

I was alerted by a human agent...

I wish I had an agent...  :-? Hmm...

gonzogeek

>Why on earth !!!!

>Lead free solder is the invention of the devil,

Wha?! You mean we have a choice?

I freakin hate lead free solder ... I mean I used to be *able to solder*. Now I just kill tips and fry components at an alarming rate.

Can you still get lead free solder in the EU/UK?

Grumpy_Mike

Can you still get lead free solder in the EU/UK?

Yes you can. It's just you can't sell new stuff with it that's all. You can repair old stuff with it and you can make stuff for yourself or give it away, it's just you are not supposed to sell stuff. There are exceptions for things like development kits which I assume the arduino comes under.

UltraMagnus

Sep 10, 2010, 04:30 pm Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 04:30 pm by UltraMagnus Reason: 1
The arduino would be exempt from ROHS as either an industrial tool or a sub-assembly.

pluggy

They're going to put a Duemilanove up there instead of the old serial arduino from the dawn of time.....     ;D
http://pluggy.is-a-geek.com/index.html

donkahones

I think they did this just to watch us squirm   :-/

Go Up