New Icon?

Last night I noticed that the site's icon changed - when and why was this decided (and why a green dot)?

:-?

yes. kinda looks sick... something bluer would be better...

Well, there's now a big "We've got something cooking for you" on the same color green arduino shape instead of the original arduino.

I'm gonna venture to guess that it is related...
:smiley:

I'm gonna venture to guess that it is related...

Hmm - I guess you're right.

Which brings up another question - how many people on these forums go to the front page of the site? I know I rarely do; one would think the "A-Team" would at least announce site changes (and I don't know - things like the release of a new version of the Arduino IDE, as so recently happened) in the News section of this forum.

But they don't. What's the point of even having a News section, then?

:-?

Which brings up another question - how many people on these forums go to the front page of the site?

I do, there's 1.
I just never got around to bookmarking the forum.

All the site's page has a blue strip and the string. So if you're going to reference or anywhere you'll see it :slight_smile:

now the question is... maybe a new arduino? maybe with enough power to elaborate images? a multi core arduino? or a new IDE? ;D

maybe a new banner on the website!

Quad core arduino with 6gb ram, 60gb ssd and on board 1gbit nic...

finally a new forum?

...or just another theme for the forums (i hope not!)

Quad core arduino with 6gb ram, 60gb ssd and on board 1gbit nic...

obviously it will cost 10?

I go to the homepage :). As the covered the Arduino in the picture with the color, I think it's probably a 2010 Arduino. (Duemiladiece? :P)

Deca-core arduino with on-board wifi and wireless power, 64tb memory, 512tb hard-disk space, 128quant-bit bus system, native jump gate support....

Yes, it will be a grand arduino!
I'm just hoping they won't take too long to develop a flux capacitor shield for it ;D

when and why was this decided (and why a green dot)?

Do you see this as green, I see it as more of a turquoise / blue. I am running fire fox. My wife just suggested "kingfisher" but I said no we are all men. :wink:

yea its more turquoise

Indeed it is. Not quite blue, not quite green.

Is "kingfisher" supposed to be a color? :open_mouth: Must be like mauve...

Is "kingfisher" supposed to be a color?

Yes but not a man colour it's a girl colour. Ask your girl (if you have one)

I asked the wife, she said "what" ... must be a British thing

after googling it I see the resemblance tween the color and the bird

I will have to wait to see what is it. My Arduino order gonna wait. If it's something really important (new arduino :smiley: ? ) or even new software, I would be so disapointed if I ordered the old thing.

But maybe thats just a theme.

On other thought, they did mentionned something about food...yumm :stuck_out_tongue:

Just put 'kingfisher blue' into google, lots of US sites seem to know about it.

hehe now I am going to poke

at the top of the results I see a bird, which is one of many colors that it can be, including turquoise which is what I saw, a dress, and a MINI