Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 76 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Need to ask Skyjumper for that, he has the source and the makefiles and what not.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

adilinden

Quote from: CrossRoads link=topic=61126.msg568492#msg568492

Check out the core files here for 1284's.

www.avr-developers.com

Is there a list of files needed strictly for the 1284p, rather then the complete package for all the processors?

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

adilinden

Are there any plain basic 1284 boards with UNO foot print? The Bobuino is cool but way more features then I need. Essentially need UNO foot print, more RAM then 328 offers and shield compatibility. Be connecting Ethernet shield and a GSM shield. Much prefer on board USB over external FTDI.

I have an UNO32 which is PIC32 based. Great little board and compatible with shields. But libraries have quite a few gaps. What I am doing should be fairly simple to due with Arduino environment. Right now seems much less of a path of resistance then delving into MPLAB and Microchip Ethernet stack.

But with the RAM requirement exceeding what the 328 has to offer the 1284 is an appealing choice. I've looked at adding SPI RAM or FRAM, but I'd rather have less parts count.

CrossRoads

You want a bare Bobuino board & just populate the parts you need?
Leave off the SD parts, RTC, extra IO pins, etc.
I could order a batch of PCBs, you build up what you  need.

Go Up