Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 76 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

May 14, 2011, 04:16 am Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:19 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
Would be cool if someone could come up with a core files needed to run this $29 puppy with the arduino IDE:

http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500272

They supply the needed USB driver, but you have to register for the free download.

Not sure if the bootloader is compatible with AVRDUDE or not, or if it even uses a bootloader.

The mega 1284P is the top of the line 8 bit AVR for us DIP package fans and may be that forever? However it's not the DIP packaged chip used in this evaluation board.

Lefty

tastewar

CrossRoads

What would you say to an Uno compatible board with shield compatibility, 1284P processor, added RS232 drive capability, and additiona port pins to take advantage of the other port the 1284 offers? I have a design in mind, gonna do it up in eagle tomorrow and come up with a layout.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Graynomad

What would you say to an Uno compatible board with shield compatibility, 1284P processor, added RS232 drive capability, and additiona port pins to take advantage of the other port the 1284 offers?

I'd say you've had this on the cards for a while :) I'd also say it's a good idea.

Let us know if you want people to peer review of the schematic.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

retrolefty

What would you say to an Uno compatible board with shield compatibility, 1284P processor, added RS232 drive capability, and additiona port pins to take advantage of the other port the 1284 offers? I have a design in mind, gonna do it up in eagle tomorrow and come up with a layout.

I would like it, esp if the dip packaged version was used. Otherwise the 1280/2560 has more bang per board layout.

Lefty

Go Up