Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 76 times) previous topic - next topic

pito

Jul 30, 2011, 01:44 am Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011, 02:04 am by pito Reason: 1
..the speeds seems to be normal, the limitation is the spi_clk speed (max 9MHz on your board) and fcpu, sandisk is the fastest as I can see some results (see   http://www.microchip.com/forums/m574511-print.aspx    with some nice pictures on comparision of various sdcards vs. fstypes vs. spi speeds, run on pic32 - but the mcu does not matter here)..

CrossRoads

I am using the IDE serial monitor.
Must have been the way I typed, as its working now.
Or maybe I needed one more enter to restart when it didn't work.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

SdFormatter works!
Kinda disappointed - my "16 GB" card is ony 15.915GB
and only 14.8 GB in "real" gigabytes (2^32 or whatever a G is)

I feel much better about proceeding with the building of up tp 8 more on Sunday (maybe 9, If I have enough parts).
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

cyclegadget

...The least we can all do is buy one from him!

Sign me up!

If there is a list I would like to be on the list 2!

Mark

CrossRoads

@pito,
Are the pins for uSD pretty much the same as SD?
I went out & bought a 2GB uSD card. It works in the adapter it came with in the SD socket, but does not work in the uSD socket.
I am starting to think the eagle library is not correct.

Here's the way the library has the pins - yet on the SD card, the pins are more or less flipped the other way,

Go Up