Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Paying for a complete, custom, RF Relay board!  (Read 1109 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello to all of the sparkfun customers and electronic enthusiast!

My name is Kody, and I, like you, love electronics. I love them as a hobbyist, but not as a professional. Right now I am looking into creating a custom PCB board with a pretty basic set of requirements smiley But alas, my skills are not as good as I want them to be and I unfortunatly do not have the time to develop them to create this board!

What does this mean, means I pay for it smiley-wink And you, you get your design made, and implemented for a price! Works a little on the ego now doesnt it smiley-wink

What I am looking for is a FULL package, PCB, Components, and software; I am looking for this to work the moment I receive it. Scared? Dont be, MOST of the requirements are quiet simple! Well, what are we waiting for...ONTO THE DESCRIPTION!

Summary: I am wanting a custom built electronic control unit that responds to a remote key fob, and a button. If the key fob is in range(no more than 15 feet, no less than 5), then the button is activated (so to say) In short: I am wanting to create a "Smart Key" system for a vehicle with a button to start it; Similar to the toyota/lexus's.

Theory of operation:
If module senses Keyfob -- Allows Following:
Press Button once -- Activates #1 Relay
Press Button Twice -- Activates #2 Relay
Press and hold button approx. 1 second -- Activates MOMENTARY #3 Relay, and permanently activates #2 Relay. (If you hold it for approx 1 second, #3 should activate and remain activated until you release the button, thus inactivating the relay)

Requirements:
Key Fob -- Must be small, concise; (Possibly with buttons to reprogram the vehicle too? Just a thought, not a requirement)
Key Fob -- Battery operated is optional, if you can figure a way to get passive RFID to reach that far....awesome!
Module -- Small form factor, No larger than a pack of cigarettes ideally. It should be able to be concealed behind the dash
Module -- 90 degree plugs for inputs (button connect and disconnect) / Antenna if needed
Power input -- 12v from battery main;
Power Consumption -- As little as possible due to battery drain;

And now for the BIG question: Payment and Terms smiley

I am willing to pay up to 250$ for a working module. Consisting of all the requirements, all the eagle files / supporting files. All of the arduino/c/c++ code, and of course a working prototype.

I will NOT require any of the supporting code / designs unless I have chosen to purchase your prototype. Prototypes, preferably will be made on manufactured PCB's, but for the sake of the home enthusiast, home made PCB's are acceptable for the prototype.

I will require that a working prototype be sent in, and allowed for testing in environment. ( I will measure everything from amperage draw, RF range, RF degeneration through metal, overall stability, overall usability, etc etc)

I am very open to design changes for the better, as I recommend you be as well (modifying a setup before purchase)

My email: Kodysumter@gmail.com

Looking forward to working with you!

View Profile

Hey I found out one website name http://www.pcbprice.com/compare/europe
It has nice Price Comparision table with the list of all suppliers
User can also write their reviews
Hope it Solves your purpose.....

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I might be interested - need to look at RFID in keyfob use - I didn't think RFID went out to 5 feet.

"FULL package, PCB, Components, and software;" for $250 is too low tho unless 0 hours development time is needed for most of the items.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: