Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for an Arduino mentor/partner  (Read 1458 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello. This is my first post on the board! Any suggestions or critique on board etiquette is welcome.

I am a young entrepreneur based out of Des Moines, Iowa looking for an Arduino mentor/partner (located anywhere but local would be awesome). I am fairly "tech savvy", being a media professional and web programmer, but know very little about electronic hardware. I am looking to jump headfirst into Arduino and would like to pair up with someone very knowledgeable and willing to chat on the phone. I do not currently have time to search out all my questions online, not to mention, I'm not sure if I even know the right questions to ask.

Without being too specific, I have some business ideas that I would like to explore and possibly quickly dive into production on if plausible. I am mainly looking to build and control a device (similar in function to a CNC mill) in real time with smartphones (iOS/android).

The ideal mentor would also be able to make hardware sourcing suggestions for prototyping and possibly for building a few thousand minimal-cost devices down the road. If you are able to go this far, I am definitely willing to pay you for the help. Though I currently have minimal financial capital, with a plausible idea, I'm sure I could gather needed funding.

If this sort of thing interests you, please contact me through the web board or by email: dave@desmoinesfreelancer.com

If you require $, pitch me a number along with your credentials and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Go through the tutorial section, if you are really tech savvy you wil pick up a lot within a few days! - http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage -

And there are many mentors on this forum ...

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Miers 46500 France
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
View Profile

Hi Dave,

I have sent you a PM. Let me know it it is of use.

Cheers Pete.

EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey I'm in Des Moines looking to start an Arduino group....Any interested out there?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: