Go Down

Topic: Looking for an Arduino mentor/partner (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

DaveP

Hello. This is my first post on the board! Any suggestions or critique on board etiquette is welcome.

I am a young entrepreneur based out of Des Moines, Iowa looking for an Arduino mentor/partner (located anywhere but local would be awesome). I am fairly "tech savvy", being a media professional and web programmer, but know very little about electronic hardware. I am looking to jump headfirst into Arduino and would like to pair up with someone very knowledgeable and willing to chat on the phone. I do not currently have time to search out all my questions online, not to mention, I'm not sure if I even know the right questions to ask.

Without being too specific, I have some business ideas that I would like to explore and possibly quickly dive into production on if plausible. I am mainly looking to build and control a device (similar in function to a CNC mill) in real time with smartphones (iOS/android).

The ideal mentor would also be able to make hardware sourcing suggestions for prototyping and possibly for building a few thousand minimal-cost devices down the road. If you are able to go this far, I am definitely willing to pay you for the help. Though I currently have minimal financial capital, with a plausible idea, I'm sure I could gather needed funding.

If this sort of thing interests you, please contact me through the web board or by email: dave@desmoinesfreelancer.com

If you require $, pitch me a number along with your credentials and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

robtillaart

Go through the tutorial section, if you are really tech savvy you wil pick up a lot within a few days! - http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage -

And there are many mentors on this forum ...

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Bainesbunch

Hi Dave,

I have sent you a PM. Let me know it it is of use.

Cheers Pete.
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring
I do answer personal requests for help when accompanied with a PayPal receipt ;)

Paulware

Hey I'm in Des Moines looking to start an Arduino group....Any interested out there?

Go Up