Go Down

Topic: Arduino UNO parts list (Read 775 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi guys,

I am from Brazil and I want to make my own Arduino UNO board. I downloaded the Eagle files, but I having trouble to identify wich components I have to buy.

I generated the Part Lists from Eagle, but I am not sure what means what. Eagle has a weird way to call the components. I was looking for something like that:

Qtd          Component         Value
1             Capacitor            2n2F
5             Resistor              10k

and so on. Can anybody help me?

James C4S

Eagle really doesn't really have that information.  It only has the data entered for the parts.  When creating a part, it is generally not defined a "RESISTOR."  Instead it is identified as a "R-EU_R0603."  Which tells you the part is a 0603 surface mount resistor. 

Use the "Info" tool and look at a component.  You'll see what I mean.  That same information is what is used to generate the parts list.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

I was reading text about Arduino Uno in the arduino site and it is written:

Overview
The Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328 (datasheet).

But in the Eagle files, there is a ATmega8 and a ATmega8U2-MU. Is it wrong?

By the way, is ATmega8U2-MU the responsible for the convertion between serial and usb protocol?

James C4S

ATmega8, ATmega168, and ATmega328 are all pin compatible.  So the Arduino schematic uses the ATmega8 symbol, which is what the Arduino was originally designed with.

The ATmega8U2 is the secondary microcontroller that handles the USB-to-Serial connection.

In addition to buying these microprocessors, you will also have to program each of them.  The ATmega328 will need a Uno bootloader.  The ATmega8U2 will be flashed with the USB-to-Serial firmware.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up