Go Down

Topic: Beginner's Robotic Arm (Read 7374 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

what im receiving are the extended ascii codes, why is this?

I don't follow you there.
What is "the controller"?
Is it a true RS232 device?
If so, how are you connecting it to the Arduino?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

im using servo angles to determin its position and not microseconds. as i send data from my pic16F628A connected from txport rb3 to arduino rx digital pin 0, and turning the serial monitor i receive unknown characters/symbols (i browsed through the ascii table and saw the decimal values for the extended ascii).

AWOL

Are you sure you haven't simply got a line inversion?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

im not exactly sure. how would i remove line inversion? i tapped(very quick) the tx line to the ground and saw numbers upon it, then the symbols appear again.

this is what im receiving in my rx port.. i connected a npn transistor to the tx port of my pic.
why is it that im receiving this?

AWOL

Jul 19, 2011, 09:17 am Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011, 09:21 am by AWOL Reason: 1
I have no idea why you are receiving that, but it looks like either a speed mismatch, or a line inversion.
You could write a simple sketch to find out what the idle state of the line is.
Or look at it with an oscilloscope.

I have no idea why you are receiving that, but it looks like either a speed mismatch, or a line inversion.
You could write a simple sketch to find out what the idle state of the line is.
Or look at it with an oscilloscope.

what kind of sketch would be that??? i tried using just a simple Serial.read(); Serial.println(); sketch, but the same happend...

AWOL

what kind of sketch would be that

One that does a simple "digitalRead" on the appropriate input pin, and prints the result repeatedly.

like a serial to LED sketch? i dont get it...

hello once again!

i managed to run everything up..but i have one problem, my DC Motor keeps on moving even if its assigned case value isnt called. why is this so???

thanks!

AWOL

my DC Motor keeps on moving even if its assigned case value isnt called.

I don't know - where is your code?

i found the problem...i placed the break points wrong..hehehehe  :smiley-mr-green: :smiley-mr-green:

thanks again AWOL!

Go Up