Go Down

Topic: questions about Arduino 0022 (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

kenjones1935

Two questions:

1.  How do I get it to display line numbers?  The error routine references line numbers, but the window has none.

2.  How do I get it to print?  I hit print setup and it looks correct.  I hit print and I mark  ALL.  It keeps 'printing' all blank pages until I cancel the job.   My printer has been working fine.

I have Windows XP Professional SP3.

Aeturnalus

1. You can't in the Arduino IDE - use an external editor for the file instead, it's just C++.
2. See above.  Printing appears to be broken in the current IDE.

You can use your preferred C++ code editor for Arduino - just edit the .pde file, and set 'use external editor' in the IDE to have it refresh the file before compiling and/or uploading.

James C4S

Left Far-Bottom corner does have a line counter, so you can at least move your cursor around until you find the line being referenced.

Personally, I have never found C compliers to give good line-based clues anyway.  It is generally the line with something that finally irritated them, not the line with the problem.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy