Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: questions about Arduino 0022  (Read 461 times)
North Central Massachusetts
STEM for middle schools. "How things work."
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Two questions:

1.  How do I get it to display line numbers?  The error routine references line numbers, but the window has none.

2.  How do I get it to print?  I hit print setup and it looks correct.  I hit print and I mark  ALL.  It keeps 'printing' all blank pages until I cancel the job.   My printer has been working fine.

I have Windows XP Professional SP3.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

1. You can't in the Arduino IDE - use an external editor for the file instead, it's just C++.
2. See above.  Printing appears to be broken in the current IDE.

You can use your preferred C++ code editor for Arduino - just edit the .pde file, and set 'use external editor' in the IDE to have it refresh the file before compiling and/or uploading.

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Left Far-Bottom corner does have a line counter, so you can at least move your cursor around until you find the line being referenced.

Personally, I have never found C compliers to give good line-based clues anyway.  It is generally the line with something that finally irritated them, not the line with the problem.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: