Go Down

Topic: Bitbucket/Source Tree: Accidental multiple branches (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic

the_thief

Hi,

I'm new to Arduino and need some help with a version control issue I'm having.

I have a project I'm working on and started using Bitbucket for version control and as a learning exercise. I also downloaded Source Tree for local version control as I use different computers sometimes. I inadvertently created two additional branches to my project. Here's what happened.

1. Made changes to my ReadMe file and committed to Bitbucket from PC#1.
2. Forgot to pull new version to PC#2, made changes to .ino file and committed to Bitbucket.
3. Commit failed, I think, some weird error came up which resulted in another branch being created.
4. Uncommitted changes made to .ino (Step 2.). This resulted in third branch.

This happened last night and I think this is the order of how things went down.

I would to keep the changes to the ReadME, incorporate the changes I made to .ino file and only have one branch at the end but I don't know how to manage this. I don't want to add any more errors at this point. I went through the Bitbucket tutorials but they don't cover how to fix things when they go wrong.

I have also being reading this book, Git: Distributed Version Control--Fundamentals and Workflows, Print ISBN-13: 978-1-77197-000-6. It's been a great resource but I would like to get some advice before I mess things up some more.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Go Up