Go Down

Topic: Bitbucket/Source Tree: Accidental multiple branches (Read 72 times) previous topic - next topic

the_thief

Hi,

I'm new to Arduino and need some help with a version control issue I'm having.

I have a project I'm working on and started using Bitbucket for version control and as a learning exercise. I also downloaded Source Tree for local version control as I use different computers sometimes. I inadvertently created two additional branches to my project. Here's what happened.

1. Made changes to my ReadMe file and committed to Bitbucket from PC#1.
2. Forgot to pull new version to PC#2, made changes to .ino file and committed to Bitbucket.
3. Commit failed, I think, some weird error came up which resulted in another branch being created.
4. Uncommitted changes made to .ino (Step 2.). This resulted in third branch.

This happened last night and I think this is the order of how things went down.

I would to keep the changes to the ReadME, incorporate the changes I made to .ino file and only have one branch at the end but I don't know how to manage this. I don't want to add any more errors at this point. I went through the Bitbucket tutorials but they don't cover how to fix things when they go wrong.

I have also being reading this book, Git: Distributed Version Control--Fundamentals and Workflows, Print ISBN-13: 978-1-77197-000-6. It's been a great resource but I would like to get some advice before I mess things up some more.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy