Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega (1280) not working partially (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

gr00ve

May 20, 2011, 12:57 am Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:31 am by gr00ve Reason: 1
Hello everyone.

So. I have a problem with my Mega.. I don't know, what happened, while I was moving, but now my Mega is not working. Before - it was working like a charm.
1. I made an ISP programmer (Si Prog) and set the default fuses.
2. I burned bootloader from Arduino folder. Worked.
3. Tried burning sketch -- Sync error. Tx led blinks few times and that's it.

So - I have rreplaced crystal, as it may have been damaged during my moving, and it's capacitors. 22p.
Checked reset - as suggested in onther posts - everything is fine.

And interesting part - when I burn simple program written in bascom, to blink pin13 -- it works.. Though faster than supposed, but works.

And FTD chip is working, as I get response looping Tx and Rx pins and sending data through terminal.
====
Is the bootloader in arduino folder right for my Mega? My arduino IDE version is 0022


Thanks everyone!

BR.
========================
Little update,
Took compiled sketch in Hex, and burned with my programmer -- Works.

And about fuses--- they are: HF=DA, LF=FF, EF=F5 ======> Is this correct?


Aeturnalus

Try burning the bootloader from the Arduino IDE - it will select the correct file from you if you select the right board in the tools menu.  You will need to add your programmer to the hardware/arduino/programmers.txt.

gr00ve

Aeturnalus:
Thank You, tried Your suggestion, no luck.
Burned BL fine, no errors, but still not working.

gr00ve

Ok! I found what is wrong with my mega.
I have somehow managed to fry my Tx and Rx pins on arduino.. Not all of them, only the ones that are connected to FTDI chip, basically hardware serial.

So. I was wondering - is it possible to make arduino use soft serial instead of HW serial. Code it into bootloader or something..


BR. Dagnis.

Aeturnalus

You can't use software serial, as it'll be slow and error-prone (and big), but you can recompile the bootloader to use USART1 instead of USART0, but you'll need to bridge the FTDI pins over as well.  Take a look at the optiboot source to figure out how to do it. 

Go Up