Go Down

Topic: pressure sensitive button - (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic



Does there exist something like a solenoid but in reverse?  So a moving shaft that give a varying reading (or resistance) depending on how far in the shaft is pushed?

I imagine that connecting a solenoid up in reverse you will only get a current when the shaft is moving. I need something more like a potentiometer, but in this format so it is strong, and I can experiment with different springs to make it return.

Any ideas?




The Rugged Motor Driver: two H-bridges, more power than an L298, fully protected



Also there are liner displacement transducers, which are basically a pot driven by a plunger.


And linear pots, depending on how much travel you need.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview