Go Down

Topic: Difference between CD4081 & 4081BD, 4081BP, 4081BT (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Actually i was searching for CD4081 in NI's Multisim 11th version. Instead i found these 4081's ending with the mnemonics BD, BT AND BP. Can i use these components instead of CD4081. I want to know the main differene between all these components.
If they are different how can i get CD in the multisim?
Thanks in advance.

CrossRoads

The  D ,T, P letters will signify the different package styles available, such as DIP, or surface mount in different variations.
Hard to say without knowing which manufacturer it is.
The B specifies that it is later (in time) version, versus no letter, or an A.
Schematic capture wise it probably does not make a difference which you use, the pinouts are the per this Fairchild data sheet as an example.
http://www.futurlec.com/4000Series/CD4081.shtml
If you are modeling the part for physical layout, then it will make a difference.
If you are modeling the part for elecrical performance simulation I don't think it will make a difference, the part is pretty slow and does not show different parameters for one package type vs another.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thanks Sir.
I just want to simulate.
And what does CD mean?

CrossRoads

CMOS Device?  I don't really know, or care. It just refers to that particular family of parts.
Similar to 74, 74S, 74LS, 74AC, 74ACT, and on and on ...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

RoyK

A quick check at digikey.com shows:

BP = 14 pin TSSOP package
BM & BN are 14 pin SOIC packages
BC & BE are 14 pin DIP packages

To check something like this go to mouser.com or digikey.com and enter the base part number (e.g. CD4081). You'll find all the variations

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy