Go Down

Topic: Finally, actually got something done. Yay Me! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

justjed

Took me long enough to get to this, but now I'm ready to start working on code. Might even do that tonight, unless I meet the woman of dreams at the grocery store.  :) Yeah, coding.

That's the proto-screwshield from Adafruit. I relocated the reset button, and made cutouts for the USB port and power jack. And a TI dual inverter on the breadboard.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

justjed

Just a piece of aluminum I had laying around.

CrossRoads

You mean,  a big heat sink for your offboard regulator 8)
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

justjed

Heh. Well, it would certainly do that. I don't, at the moment, have anything in mind that would be dissipating a lot of heat. I'm open to suggestions, particularly if they involve laser beams.  ]:D

CrossRoads

Laser beams, yeah, they need decent power supplies ...

justjed

Well, I wired it up sort of like your circuit here. Except I have a 220? R for the green, and a 330? for the red, to try to balance the intensity a bit. Kinda makes me go meh as a quickie visual indicator of over/under temp, which is where I was hoping to use this -- right now, I'm using a pot as a proxy for a temp. sensor. The shading is somewhat poorly mixed, so the yellow midpoint doesn't really look yellow.

Might be I'll need to go for a RGB LED, so I can ramp the color more clearly away from the OK state.

But I didn't let any smoke out.  :P

CrossRoads

So it was a decent learning event anyway.

justjed

Oh yeah. I learned how much easier it is to solder SMD components when you pre-flux them. And how to load a new bootloader. And how not to hang your board by saturating the TX on the USB.  :D

Next up, one-wire.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy