Go Down

Topic: [Solved] RTC 1307 Problem (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

thanx... I guess i will try changig the crystals then... :|

liudr

I've used this from dipmicro.com without any problem:

http://dipmicro.com/store/XC4-32768

The load capacitance is 12.5pF. The effective serial resistance is not given though. And it's out of stock.

Thanx u guys :) appreciate the help but ordering such a small thing online is very expensive :( Lemme try a few other local shops here :)

liudr

Thanx u guys :) appreciate the help but ordering such a small thing online is very expensive :( Lemme try a few other local shops here :)

You in USA by any chance?

nope. All the way in India. Here price of the crystal in the shop is half of what is given in the link u gave just now  ;)

liudr

nope. All the way in India. Here price of the crystal in the shop is half of what is given in the link u gave just now  ;)

I was about to offer you one for free if you're within USA, in a tiny envelop.  ;)

I guess a local shop is better option for you.

I was about to offer you one for free if you're within USA, in a tiny envelop.

Wow thanx for the gesture :)

I guess a local shop is better option for you.

Exactly.. Here each crystal cost around Rs. 4. That's like less than 0.1$  :) If no crystal here works I guess i got to order from somewhere :(

liudr

Just post here or on bars forum asking for good shops (online or local) in India. Lots of friends in India visit this forum and should be able to point you to places for parts.

Will keep u guys posted... Because this is 1 problem I cant get a fix on... Never had I had this kind of a problem... I have finished the entire project just need to get this part running...
So I will update if I get it working :D
Once again Thank you all for your help.. :)

Terry King

PLEASE mark this Subject [SOLVED] when you figure this one out!

I keep thinking about it, even riding the bike tonight.

I'm about 4:1 it's the crystal characteristics. 

You have the primary Engineering requirement: persistence.
Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

PLEASE mark this Subject [SOLVED] when you figure this one out!

I keep thinking about it, even riding the bike tonight.

I'm about 4:1 it's the crystal characteristics. 

Will surely do.. I gotta figure this one out anyway.. its an important component of my project..  This forum has helped me so many ways. I will post the answer once I get it figured out  :)

You have the primary Engineering requirement: persistence.

Hehe Thanx... :)

jackrae

Have you tried salvaging a crystal from an old watch - don't know what their frequency is but they are free

Yippee! got it working... I bought a new crystal from another local shop, its working nicely... Tried around 12 crystals for the entire project though and the 12th one worked  :D I think the stuff I bought from the earlier shop was from a bad stock or something ... Phew! What a relief...
Thanx again for everyone's support... :D

liudr

Glad you finally got it working. Maybe you can start a list of good shops and bad shops and share with local electronics fans ;) I don't have any shops near me except the RadioShack. I go there for replacement soldering iron tips. Man, they got me hooked when I bought their cheap iron. The tip is too fragile. Maybe not thick enough tin/chromium + too much power.

That shop is usually good.. :) This might have been a really rotten stock :D

Go Up