Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: controller K50070B  (Read 712 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello..

Does anyone know that the Liquid Crystal library compatible with lcd using K50070B.
I've just bought this type of lcd and want to use it with my arduino.
http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/06dd/0900766b806dda17.pdf

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

A search of HD44780 or 44780 on both your lcd and k50070B controller spec sheets yields nothing besides quickly browsing through them. On the other hand, lots of stuff such as pins and what they represent look awfully like HD44780-compatible display. They're not ideal for breadboard work. The two rows of pins can't be plugged into a breadboard so you will have to do something else. I recommend a 40-wire 40-connection IDE hard drive cable.

You bought it already so why not just trying it out. Be sure to hook up a potentiometer. It's not optional like many first-timers thought.

Just curious, how cheaply did you get it?

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Just curious, how cheaply did you get it?
Just curious, why did you get it?
16x4 HD44780 compatible displays can be had for ~£3 with free postage from ebay.

View Profile

Thanks for the info. to both of you..i'll try working with both lcd..

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Does anyone know that the Liquid Crystal library compatible with lcd using K50070B

You will have more luck finding information on your controller if you search for KS0070B.  It's a Samsung controller that is compatible with the Hitachi HD44780U so your display should perform properly with the LiquidCrystal library.

Don

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Does anyone know that the Liquid Crystal library compatible with lcd using K50070B

You will have more luck finding information on your controller if you search for KS0070B.  It's a Samsung controller that is compatible with the Hitachi HD44780U so your display should perform properly with the LiquidCrystal library.

Don
Haha if we'd actually read the datasheet we'd have seen that too. Oh well that makes it easier.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: