Go Down

Topic: [Solved] DC motor with digital pins. (Read 581 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug 29, 2013, 10:58 pm Last Edit: Aug 30, 2013, 01:28 am by beingobserver Reason: 1
Hi friends, i have 4 x 6v dc motors.

I don't want to control their speed or something else. I just want to start or stop the motors.

So, do i have to use other parts like diode etc?

Or can i connect them directly to the digital pins of the Arduino?

Thanks in advance.
Damn amateur.

jack wp

No, you can't just connect them to a output pin.
You need to know what current they require at what voltage.
Then you will need a driver between the arduino and the motor, and you will need a protection diode across the motor wires.
Well that's a start. let us know what you have.

do i have to use other parts like diode etc?

Or can i connect them directly to the digital pins of the Arduino?

As jackwp rightly said, no.

Have a read of this about ways to drive a motor:-

Thank you.

4 x DC 6V with 30mA. So i think, i need 120ma at least.

I am going to feed them with a 6-12v 500ma or 1000ma wall type adapter.

I have 2 x Motor Shield. What do you think, should i use this motor shield or create my own circuit?

Motor shield: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Big-Discount-Motor-Drive-Shield-L293D-for-Arduino-Duemilanove-Mega-UNO-Free-Shipping-Dropshipping/900053452.html

Pump if you need: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-DC-DIY-Dosing-pump-Peristaltic-dosing-Head-For-Aquarium-Lab-Analytical-water-/251314625620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8384dc54
Damn amateur.

jack wp

If you wanted to run your motors forward and reverse, I would go with a motor shield. but for just one direction I think a fet circuit would work well.

Hmm, actually i just need one direction to carry the solution. So i think, i would go with fet circuit.

Thank you so much jackwp and Grumpy_Mike.
Damn amateur.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131