lcd touchscreen

hello,
this is my first post.. :slight_smile:
i am about to begin a new project and i am going to use arduino. i want to use along with it an lcd touchscreen.
do you have any recommendations?
thanks..

What's your project? What are your requirements for the display? There's quite a few avenues but knowing what you intend doing always helps...

i am going to make a model of a "smart house" and i need a touchscreen for my main control panel.
i have some further questions,
(maybe silly questions for you)
i have found that screen: Serial TFT LCD - 3.2" with Touchscreen (uLCD-32PTGFX) (Sale) - LCD-10089 - SparkFun Electronics can i use this with my arduino, will i find libraries for simple design?
what is the advantage of having an onboard processor? maybe i am not going to use the computing power of the arduino for graphics?
thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Looks like a nice screen but if all you want are simple soft buttons it might be overkill. Doesn't seem like you'd need an arduino with that screen either as it provides a lot of onboard computing.

I started doing something low tech with printed paper buttons under a Nintendo DS touch panel. Only a few bucks for that plus the arduino. Might not fit your needs though if you want a dynamic display with animation etc...

The only silly question is the one you don't ask! :slight_smile:

G.

You may try the following product from Adafruit.com : 2.8 18-bit color TFT LCD with touchscreen breakout board [ILI9325] : ID 335 : $40.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Arduino example, sample codes and library links are given on the page!

N'joy! :slight_smile:

pocketscience:
The only silly question is the one you don't ask! :slight_smile:

Like!!!