Go Down

Topic: LED trouble (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

vishalapr

But a few days ago I connected the LEDs without a resistor and without a transistor(I connected the set LEDs), and everything worked fine, so do you still advice me to use a transistor and a resistor.

AWOL

I connected the LEDs without a resistor and without a transistor(I connected the set LEDs), and everything worked fine,

What you should say is "there was no immediate, visible damage to my AV microcontroller".
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

vishalapr

Ok then I will use resistors, but I cannot use any transistors because I do not have any right now

CrossRoads

Ok, wire up your sets of resistors in parallel then with a resistor each, being sure the total current draw stays under 20ma.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

vishalapr

This is what I did, I used four transistors, for the 4 sets of LEDs and I added a resistor from the middle pin of each trasistor to the arduino.
And this works absolutely fine, no problems, and the current is about 18 on my ammeter.

CrossRoads

Sounds like you're on the path to success!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up