Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED trouble  (Read 1263 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

But a few days ago I connected the LEDs without a resistor and without a transistor(I connected the set LEDs), and everything worked fine, so do you still advice me to use a transistor and a resistor.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

I connected the LEDs without a resistor and without a transistor(I connected the set LEDs), and everything worked fine,
What you should say is "there was no immediate, visible damage to my AV microcontroller".

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

Ok then I will use resistors, but I cannot use any transistors because I do not have any right now

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Ok, wire up your sets of resistors in parallel then with a resistor each, being sure the total current draw stays under 20ma.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

This is what I did, I used four transistors, for the 4 sets of LEDs and I added a resistor from the middle pin of each trasistor to the arduino.
And this works absolutely fine, no problems, and the current is about 18 on my ammeter.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sounds like you're on the path to success!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: