Go Down

Topic: Arduino Pro Mini + FTDI Breakout, can't upload sketch (not in sync) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi Everyone,

I realize a lot of people are having similar issues, however I'd like to throw mine out there because I believe I have a defective Arduino Pro Mini. I have been unable to upload a sketch, receiving either the resp: 0x00, resp: 0x30, or in rarer cases sometimes resp: 0xfe.

After connecting the FTDI Breakout to the Arduino without incident, the first thing I noticed was the red power LED indicator on the Pro Mini flashes slightly. The green LED will flash intermittently and then turn off; however it will flash a couple times when I attempt to upload a sketch.

Obviously from these results the FTDI breakout is working fine, I am using a 5v Pro Mini with a 5v FTDI board and voltages have checked out on my meter.

I'm suspecting a faulty Arudino Pro Mini here and looking for advice. Once again, a pulsing red LED power light points me to that conclusion. Power regulation is fine.

Another question:

Should the Tx/Rx pins on the breakout be carrying 5v as well... ? Because they are... ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131