Go Down

Topic: Juissi's Tanganyika Aquarium (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Juissi

My tweeting aquarium has had a major upgrade: now on the new Arduino Mega (more memory), push-buttons replaced by PIR sensors, webserver in addition to the original tweeter. I am using it to monitor my aquarium with my mobile phone, but it works with desktop browser, too. And it continues tweeting, once a day.

Browse to http://tweetaquarium.mypets.ws to see it in action, the page is served from my Arduino. Push the Like button if you like the page  :)

-Juissi

arduniomstr

Great project - I love the way you've integrated all the different technologies into your site - the fishes sense of humour made me smile

arduinomstr

Simpson_Jr

I'm glad my dog hasn't got a server like that, I'd be a lousy philosopher in her company ;-)
Great Job "human" ;-)

Juissi

Good idea: "Doggy Server". The biggest challenge would be to get electricity to the Arduino (Mini)...

In my project, the next step would be to add more interactivity. How to implement a sensor that senses a fish poking it or swimming nearby? Ideas?

-Juissi

peertje

Good idea: "Doggy Server". The biggest challenge would be to get electricity to the Arduino (Mini)...

In my project, the next step would be to add more interactivity. How to implement a sensor that senses a fish poking it or swimming nearby? Ideas?

-Juissi

maybe an antenna connected to a switch or sensor

Simpson_Jr

May 30, 2011, 11:55 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:12 am by Simpson_Jr Reason: 1

A beam of light shining on sensors triggered when the fish swims in front of 'm ?
Preferably on a wavelength/colour the fish can't see not to disturb day/night.
A camera with movement-detection would be nice, but I guess finding one with such low resolution that  arduino can handle it will be difficult.
A piece of wire, attached to the ground, pulley on top, that lifts a very small metal weight resting on a metal plate ? Weight/plate could be used as switch when the wire's poked hard enough.
A similar idea would be a touch-probe which is often used in CNC-applications.http://www.indoor.flyer.co.uk/probe.htm
You should of course change it in such way you could use it in the bowl, but maybe it works...

Don't tell 'm I also said RFID, I wouldn't like to read the comments if they find out my IP-address. ;-)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy