Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: WaveShield + Led Matrix query.  (Read 338 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello world,

First time post but I have referenced this forum a lot for help on my arduino project. I am building a clock that involves two 'Sure electronics 16x24 green led displays" and a ladyada wave shield. http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/

The Led matrix displays the time and the wave shield plays a wake up .wav file when the alarm goes off.

I have been working on them separately and trying to now combine them. I had the wav shield successfully playing one of the sample files off the website that loops all .wav files on sd card. Once I combined the led display to go off of the pins from the wav shield the speaker decided to sop working. The led display still worked fine. I even took all of the wires connecting to the display and still I hear only static when running the exact program that worked earlier today.

This just stumpts me. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to arduino so I may be missing something simple.

Thanks in advance, everything is hugely appreciated.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I am fairly new to arduino so I may be missing something simple.
There are two possibilities.

One is that there is a wiring problem. Whether or not that is the case can not be determined, since you posted no schematic.

The other is that it is a software problem. Again, whether or not that is the case can not be determined, since you posted no code.

I do believe the ball is back in your court.

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

You probably ran out of memory (RAM) on Arduino. Try doing the same thing using a bigger ATmega, like the one in Arduino Mega or Sanguino (or my own Duino644, for that matter).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: