Go Down

Topic: WaveShield + Led Matrix query. (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

Sloth6

Hello world,

First time post but I have referenced this forum a lot for help on my arduino project. I am building a clock that involves two 'Sure electronics 16x24 green led displays" and a ladyada wave shield. http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/

The Led matrix displays the time and the wave shield plays a wake up .wav file when the alarm goes off.

I have been working on them separately and trying to now combine them. I had the wav shield successfully playing one of the sample files off the website that loops all .wav files on sd card. Once I combined the led display to go off of the pins from the wav shield the speaker decided to sop working. The led display still worked fine. I even took all of the wires connecting to the display and still I hear only static when running the exact program that worked earlier today.

This just stumpts me. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to arduino so I may be missing something simple.

Thanks in advance, everything is hugely appreciated.

PaulS

I am fairly new to arduino so I may be missing something simple.

There are two possibilities.

One is that there is a wiring problem. Whether or not that is the case can not be determined, since you posted no schematic.

The other is that it is a software problem. Again, whether or not that is the case can not be determined, since you posted no code.

I do believe the ball is back in your court.

florinc

You probably ran out of memory (RAM) on Arduino. Try doing the same thing using a bigger ATmega, like the one in Arduino Mega or Sanguino (or my own Duino644, for that matter).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy