Go Down

Topic: rMp3 player problems SOLVED (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

wthierry

#20
Jun 05, 2011, 06:15 pm Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 06:17 pm by wthierry Reason: 1
here is a zip file with some of the sounds I am trying to use.  www.westhierry.net/JEDI.zip more info, is I am using windows 7 64 bit, I have formatted the card with both fat12 and fat32.  Im kind of at wits end and frustrated, I use the arduino duelinove 168... and version 0022 of the arduino software... At this point I am thinking of trashing all my arduino software and start from scratch, maybe a library is corrupted or something......

mowcius

Well it does seem a weird problem - I'll nudge bhagman over this way, maybe he knows what's going on (as he makes the thing :P )

wthierry

thanks for that.  I would love to know, because through all my searching I seem to be the only one with the problem.  If I find out in the meantime, I will let you know.  as a recap, here is what I have checked....

2 boards, 2 versions of firmware
2GB sd card tried fat12 and fat32
All files can be seen be the RogueSD library
sync() returns 0 playfile seems to not do anything since getplaybackstatus() always returns S after calling playfile()
windows 7 64 bit runing version 0022 of arduino dev software
tried the latest SoftwareSerial libraries as well as NewSoftSerial,
Tried the mp3 files I uploaded and sent the link to.www.westhierry.net/JEDI.zip
tried with headphones as well as powered speakers.
ran through all of the diagnostics from the old arduino rmp3 thread (the READ only one) and I seem to pass all the questions... so I know my board is soldered well.

wthierry

so Brett emailed me, and gave me this code to run... it appears there was a problem with the SD card I used... I tried another card and its up and purring like a kitten... Anyway, if anyone else finds a similar problem, run this code, and send the output to Rogue robotics support...
Code: [Select]
#include <RogueMP3.h>
#include <NewSoftSerial.h>

NewSoftSerial rmp3_serial(6, 7);
RogueMP3 rmp3(rmp3_serial);

const char *filename;

void setup(void)
{
int8_t response = 0;

Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Ready to go!");

rmp3_serial.begin(9600);

rmp3.sync();
rmp3.stop();

response = rmp3.playfile("/WOWIE.mp3");

if (response < 0)
{
   Serial.print("Error: ");
   Serial.println(rmp3.LastErrorCode, HEX);
}
else
   Serial.println("First file playing!");

while (rmp3.getplaybackstatus() == 'P')
   delay(50);  // wait here until sound is finished

response = rmp3.playfile("/STARTSND.mp3");

if (response < 0)
{
   Serial.print("Error: ");
   Serial.println(rmp3.LastErrorCode, HEX);
}
else
   Serial.println("Second file playing!");
}

void loop(void)
{
}

mowcius

Glad it's sorted.
After exhausting most other possibilities the card was the last thing I could think of but I didn't have the code to test it.

Go Up