Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need advice on what type of connector to choose for my project  (Read 497 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Im building an arduino watering system and I need some kind of connector that has alot of pins. Im gonna use it to connect a probe that reads the soil resistance and a temperature reader. I want to be able to add more stuff in the future. Should I choose a din connector or are there any more modern ones that are better?

Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Perhaps you might consider using RJ-45 cable and connectors. Hard to beat the availability or price.

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If you use a screened cable then D-connectors might be a good choice - 9 way and 15 way are commonly available.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Or a parallel port connector, 25 pins.

Or a strip of screw terminals.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I've seen the Phoenix brand screw terminals that Digikey carries, they are very nice too. available in different screw sizes too.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: