Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Library downloader  (Read 9124 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi and sorry that i have misunderstood your post in that point.
And i appreciate your hard work on that.

you can of course use the XML-Structure that Ardulibrary uses. (don't know if this is even a good name for that application.)
So it can easily be used with it. If you think there are some Values missing in the XML you can add them and i might use them in the application. I used most of the structure that AlphaBeta created and i might have removed some values or just didn't used some of them at the moment.

I am not sure though if i like it that there will be only 1 maintainer to add, change or remove libraries.
On the other side, i think it might be nice if i add your repository of libs as the tested and maintained libraries-list.
And the other one as an inofficial list where every developer can add libraries and new versions.
And the users use this list on their own risk.

If you want to look at the current XML-Structure you can look at this url that is generated out of my current database:
http://www.code-i.de/ardulibrary/xml.php

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Multiple libraries can be selected (which is nice) but only the first library selected is downloaded and installed (which is not so nice).

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello and thanks for testing.

Installing multiple libraries at once is now on the todo list.

Thanks.
I wasn't aware that the new Listview allows multiple selections by default.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Hello.

Also, please get the default button / Enter key to work correctly (or remove the default button property from the download button).

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello and sorry for my long break.
I have not forgot your reports and this tool.

Also i want to thank jcnossen for uploading a library. smiley
It should still be compatible with the Arduino IDE 1.0.
Not sure about the libraries though.

So i updated it and it is now possible to install or remove multiple libraries at once.
Download Ardulibrary 0.1.5

http://ardulibrary.code-i.de/

//Edit: fixed now some bugs in version 0.1.5 and i fixed the updating. now as soon as some new version of a lib is published and "install" is pressed, the old version is deinstalled with the old file-structure and the new version is installed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:38:38 am by beo6 » Logged

Sydney
View Profile

Hi beo6, I just saw your arduino lib downloader and it looks very good.
I am making an Arduino IDE based on CodeBlock and thinking I can integrate your work into the IDE. What do you think?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi.
Nice project.

It would be nice if it could be integrated.

I looked at how to develop a codeblocks plugin. But i can not even compile the hello world plugin. Possible because i use wxWidgets from the SVN trunk and codeblocks is not easy to compile with wxWidgets 2.9.
Or do you want to integrate the tool differently?
I could look further in plugin-development for codeblocks.

Will you release the source-code of your modified codeblocks?
And what is about the PHP-Backend to manage the libraries?

It is always good to have some choices but i think there is already a official IDE in development using Qt.

Sydney
View Profile

Will you release the source-code of your modified codeblocks?
And what is about the PHP-Backend to manage the libraries?

It is always good to have some choices but i think there is already a official IDE in development using Qt.

Up to now, all custom features I added is by writing wizard scripts, and pre-configuring some IDE settings, so it's naturally open-source and all can be found in my distribution.
It's a wonderful idea to have a backend that allows many contributors, including users and vendors, to maintain the libraries online.

I looked at how to develop a codeblocks plugin. But i can not even compile the hello world plugin. Possible because i use wxWidgets from the SVN trunk and codeblocks is not easy to compile with wxWidgets 2.9.
Or do you want to integrate the tool differently?
I could look further in plugin-development for codeblocks.

I started a new post disucssing about the possbilities and ways to integrate Ardulibrary into CodeBlocks. So let's continue there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:30:11 am by stanleyhuang » Logged

IDE for Microsoft Visual Studio and Atmel Studio 6.1, optional USB Debugger
View Profile

Great project.

@Paul great work with your site. How about adding an xml file to your web root that describes each library in the same or similar way to @beo6 xml system. Then we would simply need a config file to determine what sites can be used for xml configs, this will allow multiple sites to host different sets of libraries.

We just need something like this to be downloaded from a single repository point?

<LibSites>
  <Site Name="ArduLibrary" Description="A collection of libraries from beo6" Url="http://ardulibrary.code-i.de/xml.php"/>
  <Site Name="ArduinoAndTeensy" Description="A collection of Arduino and Tennsy libraries from Paul" Url="http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.xml"/>
</LibSites>

The links above are examples
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:00:25 am by Visual Micro » Logged

Arduino for Microsoft Visual Studio Pro and Atmel Studio 6.1 http://www.visualmicro.com
Arduino Debugger http://www.visualmicro.com/post/2012/05/05/Debug-Arduino-Overview.aspx

God Member
Always making something...
View Profile

I could probably write a script to generate xml.

Is Ardulibrary still in development?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi.
It is not as active as i would like.
But when we get together a nice repository i would really like to change it so it can be used easily in Ardulibrary.

My biggest problem was always to get a good and up to date repository of libraries.

So making it like Visual Micro suggested is a good idea.

It always was possible to change the url of the xml in ardulibrary by hand. But i think a dropdown with a list would be a better option for users.

the next step would be a integration into CodeBlocks Arduino Edition. smiley

Thanks that my small project is not forgotten.

God Member
Always making something...
View Profile

Indeed, maintaining a good list of Arduino libraries is a challenge.  My goal isn't a comprehensive list, but only the most important and most useful ones.  One of my main interests is learning of new libraries as early as possible, rather than random chance (either I see it online, or someone asks me for help using it with Teensy).

I could generate an xml file for the libraries I've tested and plan to test.

There are several details in the sample xml I don't quite understand.  Each "lib" has an id number, starting at 19.  How are they assigned?  Do I just make up numbers?  Likewise, there's a "category" tag, with id=1.  What that about?

In the xml, links to the zip file are in a "versions" section.  What should be done for libraries which don't have a clearly published version number?

There's also an "authors" section.  All in the example are "sascha".  What does that mean?

The XML doesn't provide any means to embed one or more URLs where documentation about the library is maintained.  At least that doesn't seem to be in the example.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

hi.

uhh. i just noticed a php notice in the xml. not good. Must have changed something of my hosting smiley

yes. the numbers are an auto_increment in the database. so they just count up.

the category tag was planned for a category selection in the application. Currently it is only possible to select the category on the webversion http://www.code-i.de/ardulibrary/.
For the ardulibrary application it is not used at the moment.

Now. the authors are not used in the application either. But they should show the author of the library.
"sascha" is my name.
But i am not the author of the libraries. i just added them in my application.

now. You are right about the missing link for a documentation. I did it the way that it opens a url with the id of the library. So if you double-click on a library it opens for example http://code-i.de/ardulibrary/libdetail.php?libid=19

mh. as you tell it. I fear i hardcoded that link. Need to change this for sure.

if you need some change to the xml it should not be a problem and i will implement it.

Hope i could help.

//Edit: yes. i had this version problem too because many library developers use some odd way of versioning or do not write any version at all. So i think the best way is to numerate them?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:28:36 am by beo6 » Logged

IDE for Microsoft Visual Studio and Atmel Studio 6.1, optional USB Debugger
View Profile

I agree with Paul, the xml does need a bit more work and thought smiley

Most recent file date time of each lib source folder might suffice as a version?

I'm going to build this into the Visual Studio plugin.

I think it's a great idea and would like to see a comon frame work.

Arduino for Microsoft Visual Studio Pro and Atmel Studio 6.1 http://www.visualmicro.com
Arduino Debugger http://www.visualmicro.com/post/2012/05/05/Debug-Arduino-Overview.aspx

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

If there is an xml I'll create a wizard for eclipse as well
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: