Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Library downloader  (Read 10644 times)
God Member
Always making something...
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

@Paul great work with your site. How about adding an xml file to your web root that describes each library in the same or similar way to @beo6 xml system.

Ok, I did it, more or less.  Here's the XML:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.xml

I took a few liberties with the format, like adding a documentation tag for links to web pages that document the library.  I also put text in the category, since the id numbers don't mean anything to me.  I probably made mistakes.  Even the xml may not be perfect.  Let me know what you think?

I might add an option for a link to an image, for those libraries where I have an image of the hardware.  Would anyone use that?

Not every library has a zip file.  I add those after I test the library with Teensy.  Hopefully this list will be useful anyway?  As I continue my effort to test all substantial Arduino libraries, this list will fill in with more files and better info.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:00:31 pm by Paul Stoffregen » Logged

God Member
View Profile

I've added an image tag in my XML, for the libraries where I have a photo of the hardware or screenshot of the library example actually running.  The intention is to allow Ardulibrary or any other library browsing tool to give the user nice visual impressions of the libraries, especially what hardware they actually use, which often can't be communicated well in short descriptions.

Here's the XML again:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.xml

I've pretty much just made up a few tags... feedback is most welcome.  If you need me to adapt my XML for Adulibrary, just let me know what you need and I'll try to incorporate it.  Or if anyone else wants to use the XML and needs the format altered, just let me know and I'll do what I can.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi Paul,

sorry that i was silent for so long again.
I learned much new in the meantime for programming.
And i would like to do some stuff a bit different in this project now as i learned.

I don´t know if arduino already has some sort of library management already.

I updated the tool to allow multiple repositories. I have added your xml and my xml to the list.
Pauls list is the default.
There can easily added more to the list with the repositories.txt file.

The new Version is here:
http://ardulibrary.code-i.de/_media/dl/ardulibrary0.1.6.zip
I am not sure why the download got smaller. But i hope it still works for everyone.

God Member
View Profile

I'm really interested in this, but at the moment I'm far too busy with Teensy 3.0.

Over the next 2 months, I'll be review and porting every major library to Teensy 3.0 (which is a 32 bit ARM-based board).  You'll definitely be hearing from me as I look at all the libraries again.....

View Profile

@be06
********************************************************************************************************************************
bonjour,
j'ai essayé de compiler votre application à partir des dernières sources svn avec C::B 12.11 et wxWidgets 2.8.12
et j'obtiens de nombreuses erreurs ...
Avez vous essayé de compiler avec ces conditions ??
Bien cordialement.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
hello,
I tried to compile your application using the latest svn sources with C::B 12.11 and wxWidgets 2.8.12
and I get many errors ...
Have you tried to compile with these conditions??
Cordially.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Hi Paul,

sorry that i was silent for so long again.
I learned much new in the meantime for programming.
And i would like to do some stuff a bit different in this project now as i learned.

I don´t know if arduino already has some sort of library management already.

I updated the tool to allow multiple repositories. I have added your xml and my xml to the list.
Pauls list is the default.
There can easily added more to the list with the repositories.txt file.

The new Version is here:
http://ardulibrary.code-i.de/_media/dl/ardulibrary0.1.6.zip
I am not sure why the download got smaller. But i hope it still works for everyone.

Cool downloader, maybe I can add this to my mod. Who keeps updated the collection? Maybe some user portal is necessary so they can upload their libraries?

I have an "Add" button that actually unzips a library or copies a folder with library files (.cpp) but it will be nice if there is a third option to "use a library from a repository"

My website: http://ried.cl

Arduino rocks
View Profile

@LETARTARE: it is compiled with wxWidgets 2.9.3. There might be problems when it is compiled with a different Version.

@eried: i made a quick webpage for uploading of libraries some time ago here: http://www.code-i.de/ardulibrary/
But it was never really used.
And i would really like to redo the webpage completely when it would be used, as i learned much new since then.

Pauls repository is only managed by himself i believe.

looks like a nice library manager @eried. Where can i get it?

//Edit: oh sorry. just seen that it is a modified arduino editor. looks nice.

If you want i could make the webmanagement side to add a user-repository to the mod.
that would be nice. smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:13:05 pm by beo6 » Logged

God Member
View Profile

Yes, I built that list the very hard way... by reviewing the code for each library, and for most of them I actually build the hardware and throughly test the library on Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0 boards.

Lately I haven't been keeping up, while developing Teensy 3.0.  But I've got a bookmarks folder of a couple dozen libraries I intend to test soon.  I've already purchased components to test them all.  The only thing missing is incredible amounts of time.....

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

@LETARTARE: it is compiled with wxWidgets 2.9.3. There might be problems when it is compiled with a different Version.

@eried: i made a quick webpage for uploading of libraries some time ago here: http://www.code-i.de/ardulibrary/
But it was never really used.
And i would really like to redo the webpage completely when it would be used, as i learned much new since then.

looks like a nice library manager @eried. Where can i get it?

//Edit: oh sorry. just seen that it is a modified arduino editor. looks nice.

If you want i could make the webmanagement side to add a user-repository to the mod.
that would be nice. smiley

That repository thing will be very nice, you can even add a link into your application. My library manager is monitoring the library folder while is opened so there is no really necessity to integrate anything, only I will like to call it with the preferences file as  an argument, since I am not using the same from the original IDE.

Yes, I built that list the very hard way... by reviewing the code for each library, and for most of them I actually build the hardware and throughly test the library on Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0 boards.

Lately I haven't been keeping up, while developing Teensy 3.0.  But I've got a bookmarks folder of a couple dozen libraries I intend to test soon.  I've already purchased components to test them all.  The only thing missing is incredible amounts of time.....

Besides time you need to get also a seller for latin America smiley-razz I checked your teensy 3.0 and it is a very sexy/cheap board but more than half of the price goes to the shipment smiley-sad probably another 25% for eventual customs charges.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:53:34 pm by eried » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

That repository thing will be very nice, you can even add a link into your application.

i am not sure if i have understood you correctly. (my english is not perfect)
But my application already uses my repository from a exported xml file.
Pauls repository is in the list too.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Oh, I was talking about
"If you want i could make the webmanagement side to add a user-repository to the mod."

That you call with a link in your downloader, like "Upload a library". So the users can manage their libraries, contribute, etc

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: