Go Down

Topic: Attempting to run WebServer and getting error (Read 578 times) previous topic - next topic

alfiesty

I just bought a "LinkSprite CuHead WiFi Shield for Arduino" from CuteDigi. I am attempting to test it as described in the wiki page http://asynclabs.com/wiki/index.php?title=AsyncLabsWiki. I downloaded the library and installed it as directed and pulled in the WebServer example. It compiles just fine, but after downloading to the Arduino I get the error message:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

The only modifications I have made to the sketch is entering my SSID and passwords. My Arduino is a Duemilanove. Anyone, any ideas?

Jim
8000ft above the average

PaulS

When this error message is printed, it is accompanied by a link to the Troubleshooting section. What steps have you tried there? With what results?

Typical errors are not selecting the right board and/or the right port, in the Tools menu.

The code does not get loaded on the shield. Are you able to upload code to the Arduino without the shield attached?

alfiesty

When this error message is printed, it is accompanied by a link to the Troubleshooting section. What steps have you tried there? With what results?

Typical errors are not selecting the right board and/or the right port, in the Tools menu.

The code does not get loaded on the shield. Are you able to upload code to the Arduino without the shield attached?

These are the error messages exactly as received(copied from the information line).
I loaded a test sketch to the board and it ran perfectly(blinking led).

Jim
8000ft above the average

robtillaart

When I get this kind of avrdude errors I always check if I selected the right board and comport under the tools menu. If OK then I disconnect the Arduino for 5 seconds so the OS can refresh its internal administration..
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

alfiesty

When I get this kind of avrdude errors I always check if I selected the right board and comport under the tools menu. If OK then I disconnect the Arduino for 5 seconds so the OS can refresh its internal administration..

I'm in the house right now, I try this when I go back to my observatory. Thanks!

Jim

8000ft above the average

alfiesty

Of all the things you would never suspect, I had a bad USB cable.

Jim
8000ft above the average

Go Up