Go Down

Topic: Remote control and monitor by a robot and camera over internet? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

There is a way to do this. It is a long and winding road.

1) You will need to be able to control the robot from the web interface on the computer

2) you will need a wireless camera that has a USB receiver

3) You will need to ensure that Windows Media Encoder (or the encoder of your choice) supports this USB receiver

4) You will need to set up WME (or your choice of encoder) for web output. I usually use port 79.

5) You will need to add the WME feed (usually an MMS protocaol) into the browser

6) You will need some sort of docking station, to charge the robot.

You could bypass many of those steps just by using an 802.11g/n wifi camera with a built in web-server; slightly more expensive, sure - but much more "plug-n-play"...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

magnethead794

There is a way to do this. It is a long and winding road.

1) You will need to be able to control the robot from the web interface on the computer

2) you will need a wireless camera that has a USB receiver

3) You will need to ensure that Windows Media Encoder (or the encoder of your choice) supports this USB receiver

4) You will need to set up WME (or your choice of encoder) for web output. I usually use port 79.

5) You will need to add the WME feed (usually an MMS protocaol) into the browser

6) You will need some sort of docking station, to charge the robot.

You could bypass many of those steps just by using an 802.11g/n wifi camera with a built in web-server; slightly more expensive, sure - but much more "plug-n-play"...

Totally missed that option. That would be the optimal situation- then you could just import the image feed into the robotic control page.

Technically, in doing that, couldn't the OP run a webserver off the arduino itself, using the Wifi shield? OR does it not have that capability? Then it wouldn't require a computer to be left on.
KF5RVR

yss31610165

Could you give me some links about this kind of cameras? I want to order a camera that can  directly get videos by java. Thank you~~

EmilyJane

I have three of these that I am monitoring remotely over the Internet. There is a fairly active community involved with the use and hacking of this platform.
http://foscam.us/products/foscam-fi8905w-outdoor-wireless-ip-camera-23.html
They run an imbedded web server with an extensive cgi interface to the camera. If you can get away with an indoor model, it has pan and tilt control.

zoomkat

Can the foscam serve single jpg images when requested via an http link request?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up