Go Down

Topic: SRF05 output (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Mark1967

I have a SRF05 ultrasonic sensor mounted to a wireless robot. The signal from the SRF05 is run into a Arduino Duemilanove board. I am able to monitor the change is distance of a object from the serial monitor. My problem is that I would like to send this value to a the Java page so the distance can be monitored while the robot is in use. My problem is I am unsure of how to get the value out of the Duemilanove board? Here is a program that I am working with,

#include "WProgram.h"
void setup();
void loop();
int duration;                          // Stores duratiuon of pulse in
int distance;                          // Stores distance
int srfPin = 2;                        // Pin for SRF05
int outPin = 3;                        //  Output Pin for SRF05!!

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
pinMode(outPin, OUTPUT);               // Initialize pin 3 as output!!
}

void loop(){
  pinMode(srfPin, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(srfPin, LOW);           // Make sure pin is low before sending a short high to trigger ranging
  delayMicroseconds(2);
  digitalWrite(srfPin, HIGH);          // Send a short 10 microsecond high burst on pin to start ranging
  delayMicroseconds(10);
  digitalWrite(srfPin, LOW);           // Send pin low again before waiting for pulse back in
  pinMode(srfPin, INPUT);
  duration = pulseIn(srfPin, HIGH);    // Reads echo pulse in from SRF05 in micro seconds
  distance = duration/58;              // Dividing this by 58 gives us a distance in cm
  Serial.println(distance);
  digitalWrite(outPin, HIGH);        // Writes  value to outPin 3!!
  delay(50);                           // Wait before looping to do it again
}

int main(void)
{
   init();

setup();

for (;;)
      loop();

return 0;
}

I added in the code for the output pin and labeled it with "!!".

MarkT

You are outputting the values via the serial port - presume you need to interface Java to the serial port - try googling for 'java serial interface' and have a look at gnu.io.serialport
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy