Go Down

Topic: [$21.05 USD]"NEW" 12.1" TFT w/FREE_SHIPPING!???!?!?? Is this possible??? Scam?? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

TECH GEEK

Hello all!

So today while browsing the web I found a 12.1" TFT LCD that is only "$21.05" (USD)          ( £12.86 (GBP) / €14.51 (EUR))
The LCD also has FREE SHIPPING to USA, and fully costs "$21.05" (USD) TOTAL. In addition to the eerie costs,
the product is NOT just an LCD screen that requires an external circuit in order to: "control the screen" and "provide the power/amps/volts".

Is this something I should consider buying? Why or Why-not?

[***The following was copied the from LCD seller's store***]

Item specifics
    Place of Origin:
        Beijing China (Mainland)
    Brand Name:
        DWIN
    Type:
        LCM
    Model Number:
        DMG10768S121_01WT
    Series:
        Advanced Type
    Size:
        12.1 inch 1024*768 (4:3)
    Viewing Area:
        232.2*168.4 mm
    Interface:
        RS-232/USB
    Perpheral Apparatus:
        With Touch-Screen
    TFT-LCD:
        A+ class Industry Screen
    Colour:
        16.7M (24 bit)
    Flash Memory:
        384M
    Voltage:
        9V-26V
    Power Consumption:
        12 W

Description:                                                                                                                                        
   Size:
      12.1''
   Module:
      H600                                                                                                                                       
   Colour:
      16.7M (24 bit)                                                                                                                       
   Resolution:
      1024*768 (4:3)                                                                                                                             
   Flash memory:
      384M
   Comes with:
      Touch-Screen & RTC
   Temperature:
      -20°C-+70°C                                                                                                                             
   Moisture:
      60°C,90%
   Voltage:
      9V-26V
   Backlight:
      CCFL
   Brightness:
      320cd/m2
   Viewing Area:
      232.2*168.4 mm
   Power Consumption:
      12 W                                                                                                                       
   Interface:
      RS-232/USB
   Processing Speed:
      14 Pictures per second

As always... Thanks for posting!!!

liudr

Which store is selling this? Link? Seems very cheap, maybe scam.

cr0sh

Heh - more likely you need to buy them in 1000 pc lot quantities to get that price...

If you're looking at that Alibaba link:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/116023909/12_1_Intelligent_TFT_LCD_Module.html

...it does say a minimum order of 1 pc - not sure if this was the supplier you mentioned, but if the shipping isn't too insane, it might be worth trying to get - worst case scenario, you are out some small amount of money.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Kaouthia

John

TECH GEEK

no it truly is just $21.05 USD each.
While there is the option for 5, 10, 25, 50, and 100pcs lots, the entire product shown in the picture can be sold as individual units...

If you want a link just ask for one in the reply box. I prefer to keep the link secret, as I'm planning to buy it later on,
and I don't want to find an empty stock when I'm trying to check-out...

RuggedCircuits

This looks like a good deal too:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/204204/0-435053920/Free-shipping-12-1-Intelligent-TFT-LCD-Module-with-Touch-Screen-Serial-Interface-Advanced-Type.html

A little short on documentation for my taste.

--
The Rugged Circuits Yellowjacket: 802.11 WiFi module with ATmega328P microcontroller, only 1.6" x 1.2", bootloader

TECH GEEK

cr0sh

please don't post links

You know, at first when I got this message in my inbox, I thought maybe I had somehow accidentally broken some forum rule, and "TECH GEEK" was a moderator - but no, I realize that you are the OP. Guess what OP, until a moderator of this forum tells me otherwise, you don't have a monopoly here. If I was able to find that link (and others) based on your scant information with a simple google search, anybody and his brother can too.

This forum and others exist on the internet for a free flow of information; if you can't handle that, then I suggest you find another internet.

I also sincerely doubt that the supplier or the manufacturer is going to run out before you can buy the screens, and if they do, tough luck, kid - that's business in a capitalistic system. Better luck next time.

/such hubris... :(
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

mowcius

If you want a link just ask for one in the reply box. I prefer to keep the link secret, as I'm planning to buy it later on,
and I don't want to find an empty stock when I'm trying to check-out...

That's not how things work around here...

TECH GEEK

mowcius

sorry i didn't know...

Well it's pretty obvious - you can't tell people not to post something - you have no rights over what other people post.
If you didn't want anyone to know about it then you shouldn't have posted it.
As has been said though - companies don't normally go out of stock of a product so I wouldn't be worried that there won't be one available when you want one.

Looking for more documentation atm actually - I saw a similar thing a year or so ago but this looks interesting if there's a bit more info available.

mowcius

Jun 10, 2011, 12:29 pm Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011, 12:40 pm by mowcius Reason: 1
Looks to be plenty of documentation - even some useful code here (.pdf)

Oh and even more here!

I might get myself a smaller one of them to test with.

dhunt

Wow that site looks amazingly dodgy. Free shipping to New Zealand via TNT, yeah right.

mowcius

The site I posted?

I'm not looking for places to buy atm...
Just looking for specs and info - I'll deal with the finding non-dodgy sites later :D

Go Up