Go Down

Topic: SMS or SCPydunio for Supercollider? (Read 555 times) previous topic - next topic

annie92

Hello,

Can anyone give me a clear idea of the pros/cons of SMS vs SCPyduino for use in Supercollider? 

I'm new to arduino (and supercollider) and I want to operate the arduino from Supercollider.   I'd like to connect various sensors to arduino and send the data to supercollider and manipulate into various sounds.

I'm hoping to make a longterm decision on the libraries here and not have to change it up later. I've been reading up on this and other forums and I'm still unclear which way to go.

Thanks in advance for advice and experiences,

Annie
How do you become unstoppable?  Never stop

retrolefty

supercollider

Is that like that large underground circular science thing in Europe where they shoot particles at particles looking for the God Particle?

Lefty

annie92

Ooops.. bad question!  :P   The Arduino website refers users to either SMS or SCPyduino to interface with Supercollider...  which is the direction I'm working in, starting with a pulse rate monitor (from 30 Projects for the Evil Genius). Ultimately want to send data directly to Supercollider.  Was hoping for insight into pros/cons of these.  Perhaps the direction is to try both and see!

(tho any advice/experiences still appreciated)

Thx!
How do you become unstoppable?  Never stop

TonyD

supercollider

Is that like that large underground circular science thing in Europe where they shoot particles at particles looking for the God Particle?

Supercollider is a live coding environment and programming language for interactive and real-time audio synthesis composition. Alex McLean from www.yaxu.org did a talk for us at our Dorkbot session @ Newcastle this week. Pretty interesting stuff.

Go Up