Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Android and Arduino  (Read 1104 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am ordering arduino like this one - http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560. I want it to communicate with Android phone (may be Nexus one or S). It seems like people have done it using google ADK kit (for android 3.0 or latest). I would be thankful if some one shows the right direction in this project.
1) do i have to have USB host shield? (i understand arduino board has be USB host) According to the spec, the one I have ordered does not have USB host shield. Just usb connection???
2) do i have to write a firmware for the arduino board. I guess I can run arduino demo program and see what happened.

Any other thing I need? Thanks.

... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
View Profile

Hello,

there is a lot of information about connecting the Android and the Arduino. Have a look:
Q: Can the Arduino control an Android and vice versa?

---

View Profile

Just forgot,

have a look at the Amarino Project. I ordered the BLUESMiFR today and will report later.

Hajo

---

New Zealand
God Member
Arduino pebbles
View Profile

2) do i have to write a firmware for the arduino board. I guess I can run arduino demo program and see what happened.

If you're looking for an easy way to get started you might like to take a look at my post on the Handbag project which is an easy way to create Android USB accessories without needing to write Android code.

--Philip;

View Profile

With bluetooth shield or usb-host support on android-device, you can use ArduinoCommander - https://market.android.com/details?id=name.antonsmirnov.android.arduinocommander

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: