Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Talking Dog  (Read 1093 times)
California
That's me, the boy with the broken halo.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I built a collar that listens for my dog to bark, then translates it to English.  I made an Instructable for it if anybody wants my sketch.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Have-A-Talking-Dog/

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

The look on your dog's face of the first photo seems to say to me "get this damn thing off me..." - LOL smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

What you should do next is some kind of FFT code so you can detect, based on amplitude and frequency response - perhaps "what" your dog is trying to say; that would be a heck of a challenge to figure out how to do this (you'd have to sample his "voice" over time, and somehow compare that to what satisfies him, and make notes about this in some manner - so you could tune the system later)...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

California
That's me, the boy with the broken halo.
View Profile

I thought about using a variable as a timer and base his phrase on how long he barks without a half a second break.  The more barking the madder the response.  The shorter the bark the more playful response.  I ran into problems though.  This is just kind of version 1.0, I guess.  Definitely more room for improvements in the future.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: