Go Down

Topic: Recommendation for an accelerometer used as a contact microphone? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

No compartment, I just had these little boxes that held the mic sticking out of a hole on one end, the battery, and a switching jack to connect ground on the othe when cable was plugged in. The mics are not very tall, one of them next a stack of coin cell CR2032 for power and a connector would make a nice little package.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

Looking for a battery to see if this one still works!
Will see if if can pick up heartrate and play thru a little guitar amp.
Little cap for blocking DC in there too, looks like 3.3uF
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

oscarcar

Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and pick one of those up today.

Thx.

CrossRoads

Success! Had to put a new battery clip in, that 25 year old one was totally corroded.
And the jacks arent making the best of contact, so it has to be held really still to avoid cable scrathy noise.

But, with a 20' guitar cable, Roland Microcube turned all the way up, and the mic pressed to my chest, could hear a little boomp,  boomp, boomp, boomp.
No talking tho, it picked that up too.

Go Up