I've never dabbled in electronics before, let alone Arduino. Please forgive me for any mistakes and misconceptions I present.
I wish to build an electronic irish whistle - essentially a sine wave synthesizer that:
1. gets its frequency from your finger layout and a breathing-related factor (when breathing hard enough, woodwind instruments go up an octave)
2. gets its amplitude from breathing
The fingering sensors are not binary - keying combinations include half-covered holes, and gradually covering a hole results in a sliding effect.
I'd have to interface with 6 sensors for fingering, and one for breathing - 7 in total.
My questions are:
1. What kind of sensors should I use?
2. What hardware will I require, Arduino-wise?
3. What else am I forgetting?
Thank you very much,