Go Down

Topic: Using TFT XY touch controller  (Read 134 times) previous topic - next topic

harish017

Instead of controlling duty cycle through a potentiometer can I use XY touch controller?. I am planning to incorporate minimum 10 control channels. BTW, I am ok with oscillator for triggering timers to generate PWM signals, as I don't want to think too much on crystal oscillator alone although it has consistent timings neither RC.

Grumpy_Mike

Jul 14, 2016, 07:12 am Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016, 07:13 am by Grumpy_Mike
Yes you can, why not.
However the audio sound of a PWM signal doesn't change very much as you change he duty cycle.

BTW, I am ok with oscillator for triggering timers to generate PWM signals, as I don't want to think too much on crystal oscillator alone although it has consistent timings neither RC.
Sorry no idea what that means.

This seems a lot like your last thread.

harish017

Awesome!! See this is what I am going to do. For example, I am using analog input A1, this is where I will be adding a pot. Now, with the same analog input A1, can I add another pot?. This is, two pots for the same analog input A1. I should be controlling instantaneously without any lag or delay.

Grumpy_Mike

Now, with the same analog input A1, can I add another pot?.
Only if you put the two pots through an analogue multiplexer first and switch between them.

harish017

Yes, I thought about it, I should be doing this for atleast 10 channels. For XY controller, should I add any libraries such as wire.h?

Grumpy_Mike

Jul 14, 2016, 11:48 am Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016, 11:48 am by Grumpy_Mike
should I add any libraries such as wire.h?
No.
This is how to wire up multiplexers:-

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy