Go Down

Topic: Recording analog audio and playing the recorded audio. (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to use an arduino to record analog audio and be able to play back the audio without disrupting the current recording. Like if i'm recording i want to be able to rewind the recorded audio and playback what was saved without disrupting the audio that is currently being recorded. Sorry this is so confusingly worded but i dont know how to say it any other way.

That can get rather involved and the Arduino may not be the best solution.    The Arduino doesn't have much built-in memory, it's a little slow, and there's no analog output on the standard Arduinos.

If you don't want to use a full-blown computer, maybe look into the Raspberry Pi.   If you've got an operating system, there's a lot of stuff built into the operating system that makes audio programming a lot easier.

Im not familiar with Raspberry Pi at all. I have no idea where to even begin with it.

As usual, the web has lots of resources for the Raspberry Pi (a more sophisticated educational computer). Google will be happy to help.

Im not familiar with Raspberry Pi at all. I have no idea where to even begin with it.
I don't see why that matters you have no idea where to begin with an Arduino either.

That project is not one for an Arduino at all.

It's possible (and quite easy) using Teensy boards: https://youtu.be/wqt55OAabVs
Raspberry Pi should work as well, but don't expect high quality studio grade recordings, of course.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131