Go Down

Topic: Arduino Earthquake Detection with social network broadcasting system (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

cred25

Guys anyone here can help me find an idea on how to create this type of project. Thanks in Advance guys..

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

jremington

You could check to see if lots of people are tweeting "earthquake".

ad2049q

To login in to the various social networks tends to be a complicated multiple handshake 32bit task, better suited to a raspberry pi than to an ethernet shield on an arduino.  What does everyone else think ?

MarkT

But surely the raw data is going to be pushed to a database in the first instance?  The analytics would
normally all work from the cloud.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

ChrisTenone

Hook a seismometer (eg., Infiltec QM-4.5LV or G├╝ralp CMG-PEPPV) to a cloud device, and use IFTTT to tweet out your location and the magnitude of the event. Yeah, that would be great.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

zoomx

Using only one seismometer you can't locate any event, you can only estimate the distance, sometimes, if the starting of S waves is clearly visible.

ChrisTenone

Using only one seismometer you can't locate any event, you can only estimate the distance, sometimes, if the starting of S waves is clearly visible.

Yes that's right. I said "tweet out your location and the magnitude of the event".
Wubba lubba dub dub!

zoomx

Excuse me, English is not my mother tongue, for location I meant the act of locating, I made a mistake.
If you don't know the distance maybe you cannot estimate any magnitude. You can only say "hey I got a quake and I am here!".
Maybe it can be estimated a magnitude based on the signal length.

ChrisTenone

Excuse me, English is not my mother tongue, for location I meant the act of locating, I made a mistake.
If you don't know the distance maybe you cannot estimate any magnitude. You can only say "hey I got a quake and I am here!".
Maybe it can be estimated a magnitude based on the signal length.

If you broadcast magnitude, exact time, and location, and others (in other locations) do the same, the epicenter can be located by analyzing 3 or more such reports.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy