Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Audi/VW part numbers  (Read 610 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I need a windshield wiper transmission for my 2004 Audi A$ 1.8T Quattro.  The part number is 3B1955603D.  The part number for a 2004 VW Passat is 3B1955603C and costs 60 dollars less.  Does anyone know if these are interchangeable?  I imagine they are the same part and one is just designated for an Audi and one for a VW.  Thanks for your help.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

That's a MEGA worth of money. You're right to ask. I heard import car parts are expensive so I bought a domestic car and used smiley-wink

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

I'm curious why someone with an 7 year old Audi is worried about $60.00. I have my 96 GMC 1500 in the shop as I speak for an intermittent fuel issue (which I'd likely spend more money trying to figure it out myself - it just wouldn't start this morning - I think it could be the pressure regulator, but who knows - plus, its gettin' to be an AZ summer, not something I want to deal with while working on a truck). I'm a little worried what its going to cost, but if there was a question of only $60.00, I wouldn't sweat it.

If it were an Audi (and I had the bank account to match) - I certainly wouldn't care. Hmm - maybe goPlayYourGuitar doesn't have such a bank account - I suppose that's possible (though I wonder why one would own an Audi without having the means to spend the money on parts and repair).

What I would do, goPlayYourGuitar, is see if you can find pics of both versions of the parts (check RockAuto.com, perhaps?) - or check AutoZone (or go to Napa), and see if there are shop manuals that show both parts. Maybe they are identical in everything but number. I suspect, though, that there might be other, but minor differences, though. Things like tab/mount locations, perhaps connector differences, that kind of thing. You might be able to get the VW version to work, but you might need to do some "hacking" on it (JB Weld is your friend!)...

Good luck!

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

View Profile

Thanks cr0sh, I looked up some pictures and they do look the same.  And it's not that I don't have a bank account or the money.  It's just that when it comes to buying things I need instead of want, I'm cheap.  However if there's something I want, the price tends not to matter.  I rock like that.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Thanks cr0sh, I looked up some pictures and they do look the same.  And it's not that I don't have a bank account or the money.  It's just that when it comes to buying things I need instead of want, I'm cheap.  However if there's something I want, the price tends not to matter.  I rock like that.

When it comes to automobile parts, though - you have to be careful. Now, probably the transmission for the wipers don't matter much (unless you plan on reselling the vehicle later - may or may not affect the value); but certain parts you never want to be cheap on if you can afford it (for instance - brake parts). If you can make that distinction, you're golden. I also always say that you should always buy the best food you can, as well - not that cheap food isn't good too, but know when to spend money on a good steak - or if you swing vege, the equivalent...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: