Go Down

Topic: Using the 1284p/664p (IDE, bread board and boot loaders) (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

Now I'm even more confused.....

I discovered that:

It will program straight after being flashed.
It will program 95% of the time IF you hit reset just as the baud rate appears in the verbose listing.
It does the same under Windows OR MacOS

I did think that it was because the program running was churning out massive amounts of serial data down the FTDI lead but tried uploading simple programs and these are no better.

It seems to be pointing at a fault connection to the reset line but I've checked this and built it again on breadboard?
I've even tested it with two different FTDI leads from two different companies.

maniacbug

It will program 95% of the time IF you hit reset just as the baud rate appears in the verbose listing.

This tells us it's entirely a reset problem.  The remaining 5% is just human inability to press it at the exact right time.

Do you have a line running from DTR to RESET through a cap?  Mine is a 0.1uF.

cowasaki

Yes, as I've explained I do have and I have checked the circuit too.  I have checked from pin 9 to the cap and from the cap to the FTDI connector with all in order plus the capacitor has also been checked!

Also I have built the circuit on breadboard as well !  It is working the same on that.

This is strange.....

cowasaki

In order to make sure it worked I just stuck to the fuses in the downloaded folder i.e.:

mighty.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
mighty.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdc
mighty.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xfd
mighty.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
mighty.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

Go Up