Go Down

Topic: Personal jet device (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Eureka21

Should I use Arduino for big projects, like a personal jet device? Or should I use an other single-board microcontrollers as Beagle?
Thanks in advance.

Kevin Kibbe

Using an Arduino for something as trivial as a Jet is a waste of resources. Personally I would use one or at most two SE555 devices. I like the SE over the NE because the metal can parts will operate better in the high G turns.

Kevin

florinc

Dec 31, 2010, 08:02 pm Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010, 08:02 pm by florinc Reason: 1
I agree with Kevin. You can actually use a 556, equivalent to 2 x 555 (datasheet here: http://www.national.com/mpf/LM/LM556.html#Overview)

Yankee

What exactly is a "personal jet device"?????

retrolefty

What exactly is a "personal jet device"?????

Not sure we can tell you. Are you over 18 years of age.  ;)

Lefty

Eureka21

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiCibFeQPM&feature=related

retrolefty

Dec 31, 2010, 11:06 pm Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010, 11:11 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Take a look:

And you are claiming that it is being powered with a jet engine?
What would you wish the Arduino or any other controller board to perform for that craft?

Lefty

zoomkat

Should I use Arduino for big projects, like a personal jet device?

I'm not sure mom will approve it.  :)
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

AWOL

555s?
Pah!
Overkill.
Never more than a handful of 1N914s and few resistors.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

AltairLabs

AWOL is right, I used SE555 to control all the time functions in my jet back in July 3, 1985.  The darn thing completely disappeared on July 5, 2010 but I have hopes it may turn up again  by October 21, 2015.   Should have stuck by the venerable 1N914 and avoided a load of trouble.

Go Up