Go Down

Topic: Personal jet device (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Eureka21

Should I use Arduino for big projects, like a personal jet device? Or should I use an other single-board microcontrollers as Beagle?
Thanks in advance.

Kevin Kibbe

Using an Arduino for something as trivial as a Jet is a waste of resources. Personally I would use one or at most two SE555 devices. I like the SE over the NE because the metal can parts will operate better in the high G turns.

Kevin

florinc

Dec 31, 2010, 08:02 pm Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010, 08:02 pm by florinc Reason: 1
I agree with Kevin. You can actually use a 556, equivalent to 2 x 555 (datasheet here: http://www.national.com/mpf/LM/LM556.html#Overview)

Yankee

What exactly is a "personal jet device"?????

retrolefty

What exactly is a "personal jet device"?????

Not sure we can tell you. Are you over 18 years of age.  ;)

Lefty

Eureka21

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiCibFeQPM&feature=related

retrolefty

Dec 31, 2010, 11:06 pm Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010, 11:11 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Take a look:

And you are claiming that it is being powered with a jet engine?
What would you wish the Arduino or any other controller board to perform for that craft?

Lefty

zoomkat

Should I use Arduino for big projects, like a personal jet device?

I'm not sure mom will approve it.  :)
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

AWOL

555s?
Pah!
Overkill.
Never more than a handful of 1N914s and few resistors.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

AltairLabs

AWOL is right, I used SE555 to control all the time functions in my jet back in July 3, 1985.  The darn thing completely disappeared on July 5, 2010 but I have hopes it may turn up again  by October 21, 2015.   Should have stuck by the venerable 1N914 and avoided a load of trouble.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy