Go Down

Topic: Reading Webpage data? (Read 786 times) previous topic - next topic

JustXtreme

is there a way for an arduino to search the content of a html page for a particular set of data then react?

PaulS

is there a way for an arduino to search the content of a html page for a particular set of data then react?

How is it going to get the html page? If you have an ethernet shield, and make a GET request as a client, then the html page will be spooled back, as text, which you can store and search to your hearts desire.

JustXtreme

perfect. that's what i wanted to hear.
thanx

JustXtreme

Can i split data or create any sort of arrays from it?
Exampe
if the output of the page contains a line
Count=4

can i create a variable in arduino from that piece of data.

PaulS

You read one character at a time from the client connection, so you can do whatever you want with that character - append it to a String object (lots of overhead) or put it in a character array (minimal overhead, but more bookkeeping).

Once you have the data, typically resetting the storage after some delimiter is read, such as a carriage return, you can parse the data.

If the entire web page consists of "Count=4", or the portion of interest at least, what does "can i create a variable in arduino from that piece of data" mean? Do you want to store "Count=4" in an array of characters (you can), or are you thinking that you can split it into parts, and create a variable called Count with a value of 4 (you can't, directly)?

JustXtreme

The entire page output would look something like this

bob:online
paul:offline
sam:online
count=3

the number of names and count number can change.

i want the arduino to be able to read the status of each person and trigger something based on the person and status.
and i would like to be notified if the count goes up, so i was wanting the arduino to be able to find the count number no matter where it is in the page.
i was thinking i could have the arduino search the content for "count=" then store what ever came after that as a variable.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy