Go Down

Topic: Controlling Arduino with iPhone (Read 997 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone?  I want to build my own custom app in Xcode, install it on my iPhone, and control the Arduino.  For example, when I press a button in the custom app on my iPhone, an LED lights up on the Arduino.  Also, should I use bleutooth, wifi, or even xbee?  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Charles

PaulS

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone?

Yes. Here's a hint:
I want to build my own custom app in Xcode, install it on my iPhone, and control the Arduino.

The iPhone then sends OSC messages to a PC, which then sends them to the Arduino. There is an OSC library for the Arduino, allowing it to collect the data from the message.

Also, should I use bleutooth, wifi, or even xbee?

Either one of these or a USB cable.

Grumpy_Mike

How do you do that without Apple?

oscarcar

It sounds as if he's expecting to use Apple's SDK to develop his app. It's free with a $99/year membership. Doh!

The worst part is the requirement to have a Mac to do it.

I'm a beginner, I don't even know where to start with this project. Some clarification would be much appreciated!!

- Charles

zoomkat

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone?

I've got a friend with an iphone and was able to control my pan/tilt cam below from a bar in another town when the phone had a wifi connection. No special programming or software used.

http://web.comporium.net/~shb/wc2000-PT-script.htm
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy