Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino License Details  (Read 514 times)
Faraday Member
20 LEDs are enough
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Soon I am going to release my first shield into the wild. I would like it to place it under similar license conditions as Arduino itself. However I failed to clearly determine the exact license terms for Arduino related things. I found parts to be under several different versions of LGPL, GPL, CC and some stuff even in the public domain. The FAQ was not helpful either.
Some look like historical remainders, others just strange.

Is there any overview / statement of which license is applied under which circumstances and why? Or at least some comment what is used for the newest stuff?

Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Is there any overview / statement of which license is applied under which circumstances and why? Or at least some comment what is used for the newest stuff?

i think what you find looking closer is that the Arduino platform is comprised of software from many independent open sourced projects, Processing/Java for the IDE, avr-gcc for the compiler, avrdude for the uploader, others for the various core libraries, etc. So as the Arduion team didn't write all (or even the majority) of the software used in their distrubution I don't you will find any simple answer to your question.

Lefty

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Contact RuggedCircuits, he has made several shields ...

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: